Berne – Andermatt
One day race from Berne to Andermatt with 200 kilometers and about 4'500 meters of elevation.
Number of participants is limited to 500.
New in 2021
All participants will be able to get some limited support from outside. Their soigneurs are allowed to support the participants at the checkpoints Buchen, Grimsel and Nufenen.
The participants have the possibility to drop off personal items at the checkpoint Innertkirchen. From there the items will be transported to the finish.
After the start in Berne the participants are set to head for the Bernese Oberland. The first climb awaits the participants in Schwanden, from there on they are headed towards the Grimselpass in the twilight of the early morning via Interlaken and Meiringen. After the Grimselpass the riders also have to tackle both the Nufenenpass and the Passo San Gottardo. The Passo San Gottardo will be ridden over the old ascent the "Tremola".
The Time Table
The race is set to start at 04.00 a.m. The last participants are expected at around 6.00 p.m. in Andermatt.
Participants can race in the Single or Couples category. The Singles conquer the whole course by themselves. The Couples consist of two riders that ride the whole course together. All the participants have limited access to outside support. Their soigneurs are allowed at the checkpoints Buchen, Grimsel and Nufenen. The Couples are allowed to draft in eachothers sliptstream. Besides that drafting is strictly prohibited.
– bib number will be sent home
– online briefing on Zoom
– Chasing Cancellara Goodie
– bib number
– luminous vest
– multiple partner goodies
– CHF 5.00 will be donated to BE Cycling to support the Swiss cyling youth
– race course signage
– moto crew escort
– neutral race service at different checkpoints by Trophy Bike
– nutrition products on the start and along the course
– 4 nutrition refreshment points
– finisher beer
– finisher meal in the Radisson blu in Andermatt
– photo service
– finisher medal
– safekeeping and transport of valuables from Berne to Andermatt
– transport of personal items from the checkpoint Innertkirchen to the finish
– special hotel packages in Andermatt