Zurich – Zermatt
August 28, 2020
Ultrafondo from Zurich to Zermatt – 280 km and 6500 meters of climbing
Numbers of participants limited to 500
After the start in Zurich the riders are heading towards hillier regions via the Freiamt and Sursee. From there the participants tackle the climbs of Glaubenbielen and Brünig before the Grimselpass is set to be the biggest obstacle of the race. After passing through big parts of the canton of Wallis the climb from Täsch to Zermatt will present the last big challenge. With 280 kilometers and approximately 6500 meters of elevation, Zurich – Zermatt is set to be the toughest one day race in Switzerland.
The Time Table
The race is set to start at 1:15 am in the morning with the first riders. The last riders are expected to arrive at 7:00 pm in Zermatt.
Participants can race in the Single or Team category. The Singles conquer the whole course by themselves without any outside help. The Teams consist of two riders that relay and split up the whole course between themselves. The teams are allowed one support car. The cars are allowed to enter the race course from km 34.2 (Guggibad) on.
– bib numbers will be sent home before the event
– Online race briefing over Zoom
– Chasing Cancellara Goodie
– race course signage
– moto crew escort
– neutral race service at different checkpoints by Trophy Bike
– bib number
– luminous vest
– ABUS bidon
– nutrition products at the start and along the course
– at least 7 nutrition refreshment points
– finisher beer
– finisher meal in Zermatt
– photo service
– finisher medal
– parking in Täsch for participants in the category "Teams"
– safekeeping of valuables
– Bagage transport to Zermatt (1 piece of 40 liters)
– hotel packages in Zermatt